I Beam Steel Best Price
I-Beam Steel Best Price.
Use as groove crane. With its thicker web and wider flange, it helps supporting the heavy load really well.
Tips about I-Beam
I beam consists horizontal element, called flanges and vertical element called web. The web resists shear forces while the flanges resist most of the bending moment. Due to its effectiveness in carrying both bending and shear loads, it is the most frequent for steel buildings, bridge and civil project. In many industrial knowledge will classify H-Beam and Wide Flange also under I-Beam category with slight differences in dimension, details and form. I-Beam in other industrial work also comprises of S-Shape beam.
The Differences between H-Beams and I-Beams
- H beam has thicker centre web (it means it is stronger than I beam) than I beam.
- H beams is used when span up to 100 m when I beam is used when span up to 10 to 30m.
- Plate girder is made by I beam.
- The difference between both H-beams and I-beams is the flange by web ratio.
- The I beam is lighter than the H-beam, which means a H-beam is not always ideal.
Differences in Usage for H-Beams and I-Beams
H-Beam is available in a various of cross section sizes, from H100x100mm to H300x300mm, making H-Beam a versatile choice. Both the structure of the building and factory. Or large building such as hangar. I-Beam is made for more specific applications such as crane rails in industrial building. Because of the high flange thickness and the Taper appearance. Unlike H-beam, the thickness of the flange is equal from start to finish. As a result, I-Beam will be able to withstand impact. But it will have more weight than H-Beam in the same cross section size, such as
- H 300x150x6.5x9 mm Weight 36.7 kg / m
- I 300x150x8x13 mm. Weight 48.3 kg / m
I-Beam will weigh up to 32% more than that of H-Beam.
Prepainted I-Beam is the new solution proposed by SYS to made to order prepainted SYS