CPAC Standard Ready Mixed Concrete Price Chart
CPAC Ready-Mix Concrete Best Price. CPAC Ready Mixed Concrete offers the range of 180-400 kg/sqcm or KSC. CPAC Ready Mixed Concrete or RMC is suitable for general structure such as reinforced concrete beams poles, floors base.
Types of Delivery Trucks
- Small Truck CPAC Width 2.5m Height 2.8m Length 5.5 m. Full loading capacity is 2 cbm/trip. The entrance should at least have 3 m wide. Make sure there are no telephone and electrical lines of 3 m or below. The soil enter should be hard compressed soil or concrete
- Large Truck CPAC Width 3m Height 4m Length 8m. Full loading capacity is 5 cbm/trip. Entrace should have at least 4 m wide. If the junction is very steep, the road should at least be 6 m wide. Be careful of telephone and eletric lines and should have no less than 4 m height. The soil enter should be hard compressed soil or concrete
Comparison of Cube and Cylinder
Cube is USA standard, while Cylinder is UK standard.
Ready-mix concrete, or RMC as it's also known, refers to concrete that is specifically batched or manufactured for customers' construction projects. It is a mixture of Portland cement, water and aggregates: sand, gravel, or crushed stone. All aggregates should be of a washed type material with limited amounts of fines or dirt and clay. Ready-mix concrete is bought and sold by volume - usually expressed in cubic meters (cubic yards in the US).
Advantages and disadvantages of ready-mix concrete
(Quoted from wikipedia)
- Materials are combined using a batch plant, and the hydration process begins at the moment water meets the Portland cement, so the travel time from the plant to the site is critical over longer distances. Some sites are just too far away; however, the use of admixtures, retarders and fly ash can be added to slow the hydration process, allowing for longer transit time.
- Cracking and shrinkage. Concrete shrinks as it cures. It can shrink 1/16 inch (1.59mm) over a 10 foot long area (3.05 meters). This causes stress internally on the concrete and must be accounted for by the engineers and finishers placing the concrete.
- Furthermore, access roads and site access have to be able to carry the greater weight of the ready-mix truck plus load. (Green concrete is approx. 3924 pounds per cubic yard.) This problem can be overcome by utilizing so-called "mini mix" trucks which use smaller 4m³ capacity mixers able to reach more weight restricted sites.
- Concrete has a limited life span between batching / mixing and curing. This means that ready-mix should be placed within 30 to 45 minutes of batching process to hold slump and mix design specifications. Modern admixtures and plasticizer and water reducers can modify that time span. However, it is limited in scope. The amount and type of admixture added to the mix is very important.